Monday, October 04, 2010

I want to be an Apple Fan Girl

I work at one of the coolest companies ever. A media company that focuses on tech and gaming, as well as movies. So I get to tinker with/play on/watch stuff before (or as soon as) it's publicly released. Which is totally AWESOME.

One of the coolest things about this place is that all my co-workers are what I called "The new cool", or computer and gaming enthusiasts.  Yes , I know. Geeks and now the new cool. That's just how the world works now,  and I want to be one of them.

Without them, we'd literally be living in the dark, washing with cold water...outdoors, living in the cold (or heat as is the case here), still writing letters and riding horses (which isn't too bad) , waiting days to hear from someone.. you get my drift.

Anyways, we were running around Dubai going to several meetings, and when we were done I automatically assumed we were going back to the office, when my boss starts driving us to Sahara Mall, Sharjah. Why? Because he heard that they were still selling the iPhone4 there. Alas, the iPhone4 was no more and all sold out and he would have to wait till stocks were replenished.

We had lunch, and he went off to hunt for the iPhone4... i think he went to all the malls in Dubai. Poor guy... it was sold out everywhere. (Two guys at work already have the iPhone4)

Now, looking at my pathetic un-smartphone, with its VGA camera and lack of multitasking abilities, I hate Steve Jobs for creating these awesome pieces of technology that have created a sort of class-tech distinction... Apple users VS OTHERs. There's a whole following, a cult if you will, of Apple owners, running around flaunting their gadgets.

Now, I want not ONLY the Macbook pro, but the iPad AND the iPhone4. I want EVERYTHING to do with apple.

There's a thin line between love and hate.

2 comments:

Emiratesque said...

I want to work in one of those 'cool' companies! :D

Anyway, your boss should've ordered/ pre-ordered his Iphone4 from APPLE.com 2 months ago when it was released in Europe and the US.
Here is a review of the Iphone4 for your boss from my blog:
http://elshahlab.blogspot.com/search/label/iPhone%204

btw, the coolest Apple product, IMO, is the MACmini. Gone are the days of laptops and PCs. MACmini, your LCD/LED TV screen, and an Apple wireless keyboard is all you need.

Unknown said...

Ah but he wants to enjoy the price plans, the free calls and sms and blah packages!

Check them out here:

http://tbreak.com/tech/2010/09/iphone-4-price-plans-du-vs-etisalat/

and YES how could i ever forget the MacMini!